The granite worktops are getting popular due to its durability and looks. However, there are many individuals who fall prey under fraudulent worktops that claim to be real granite. You need to know the difference between an actual granite and the replicas. In this article, you will learn how to choose a genuine, good, and durable granite worktop.
- The first thing that you should look at is the shine of the worktop as most of the fake ones are polished with cheap materials which look odd when brought under sunlight. Therefore, it is very important to check granite worktop colors.
- Secondly, it is essential to check the hardness of the block of granite. You can test the strength of the granite by slapping the block with a kitchen knife. The quality ones will not make any hollow sound.
- You should know that very granite worktop has minor holes on the surface, it is the property of granite stone, and it is simply known as pitting. However, when you are going to buy a granite worktop, go for the one which has minimum holes in it or less visible holes.
- The worktop should have less or no joints to have more strength as worktops with joints are more likely to have less strength.
- Another fact that you should consider is that designer granite worktops will consist of joints, however, make sure that the joints are less visible or big.
- Lastly, check the worktop for any resistance with water. Fake worktops will get wet easily, and the polish may deteriorate as well, but the original one will not hold water and therefore, will absorb minimal water.
All these guidelines if followed correctly will ensure that you get the best worktop that values your money and worth buying.