The world is producing too much rubbish. Australia alone can create millions of tonnes of rubbish. Landfills are filling up and our environment is being damaged every day. We need to act now to reverse the damage on the planet and an easy way to do this is by recycling.
What Does Recycling Mean?
Recycling is when used material is created into something new. It is a way to convert rubbish and things we longer need into new materials and items. Certain materials have a label that show they can be recycled. A product that can be recycled will be taken back to its raw form and then transformed into a different item. Recycling reduces waste and is beneficial for the Earth. Glass, cardboard, paper, metal and electrical items can be recycled.
Why Is Recycling So Important?
Recycling is one of the best and easiest ways to help the planet. It can be become part of our daily routine and is a way to reuse waste. The amount of rubbish we all dispose of is on the rise and recycling is a way to tackle the issue fast.
The rise of recycling has changed how many households live too. Studies have shown that people who recycle will think twice before buying something new. It also makes people more responsible when disposing of unwanted items. This new way of thinking saves on waste and money. If everyone recycled, we could start to reverse the damage that waste has caused the environment.
By recycling we can also save energy, create more materials and reduce the amount of waste in landfills. We can also avoid:
- The death of birds and marine animals that are killed by plastic
- Chemical gases that are released from plastic being destroyed irresponsibly
- Marine life suffering plastic related injuries
- Health issues from chemicals used in plastic
Every household can make a difference and leave the earth better than they found it.
How You Can Recycle
If you are new to recycling or would simply like to know more, then here are some tips on how you can recycle.
- When you throw away rubbish sort it into categories. Most households will use paper, plastic and glass. You can buy containers or bins to sort your rubbish. Every time you throw away a bottle or a newspaper put it into the appropriate bin or container. This will make recycling easy and will ensure that everything gets thrown away responsibly.
- Think about how you use plastic. Try not to use single use plastic like bottles and plastic bags. Plastic fills the landfill and damages the environment. By using plastic more responsibly you can make a difference.
- Instead of having paper bills sent to you opt in for emails instead. This will save on paper.
- Try to reuse most things. Jars can be used for other things. Wrapping paper can also be used again.
If you have a lot of items to get rid of, maybe you are clearing out or just need to get rid of unwanted items then consider rubbish removal. Rubbish removal services can put all your rubbish onto their trucks. It will be taken back to their rubbish centre where it will be sorted and sent to the correct recycling station. Some items can be used for spare parts too. These services make recycling easy and efficient.
Recycling is easy to do and has major benefits to the environment. Do the right thing and recycle your rubbish where possible.