Porcelain paving is increasingly popular with homeowners, designers, landscapers and paving suppliers. Why has everyone become so enamoured of porcelain in 2018? Find out below and be sure to follow the trend for porcelain patios and pathways in your modern space as we head in to 2019.
- The strength and durability are surprising. Porcelain paving is comprised of clay, sand, feldspar and other minerals. The slabs are baked in a kiln at up to 1400 degrees Celsius during manufacture. The petrous porcelain paving is remarkable; petrous is the term used to describe the hardest bone in the human body located at the base of the neck and top of the spine. Your paving is built to withstand pressure.
- The range of porcelain paving opportunities is excellent. Purchase singly or in project packs.
With polished, textured and wood effect finishes and an array of colours and sizes of slabs to choose from, you’re guaranteed to find a porcelain paving which matches your practical and aesthetic needs.
- Porcelain paving has attributes which other materials cannot offer. The high-quality gravel suppliers’ porcelain paving is frost, slip, stain, fade and watermark resistant. Accept no cheap and cheerful substandard alternatives.
- Porcelain copes with the plethora of weather conditions the UK enjoys.
- Porcelain paving is impervious, so moisture won’t seep in.
- Paving suppliers adore the flexibility; create continuity between interior and exterior spaces in a property. From conservatory to shed, kitchen to entertaining space, continue a design scheme for maximum impact.
- Easy installation. The crisp cut of the slabs means that no sealing is required with most installations. You don’t need a great skill set to complete a project.
- Zero-low maintenance. An occasional hose down is sufficient. Note: Never use acid-based cleaning products on porcelain paving products, they can cause damage.
A traditional softwood or hardwood deck requires regular pressure washing, staining or oiling but take advantage of porcelain for more relaxation time.
- Porcelain is lighter than stone and timber alternatives and this makes it ideal for roof gardens.
- As every installation serves you for years choosing a porcelain solution is a wise investment. From the Rivar range to Global Stone products prices are highly competitive.
Rivar Sand and Gravel, based in Hare Hatch, Newbury, Tadley and Windlesham, has an exceptional selection of porcelain patios and pathways products which you’ll find delightful, functional and incomparable.
Multicolour polished porcelain paving:
- 600mm x 600mm Brera porcelain in earthy tones.
- 20mm thickness; crisp cut.
- No sealing.
- Zero maintenance.
- Create continuity.
- Captivating textured finish.
- 600mm X 600mm slabs. (800mm X 800mm and 800mm X 400mm options to order.)
- Exceptional quality mottled black-grey appearance.
- Interior-exterior continuity.
- Minimal maintenance.
Vanilla wood effect porcelain paving:
- 810mm X 405mm slabs; crisp lines and 20mm thickness.
- Realistic, outstanding craftsmanship.
- A considerably longer lifespan than natural timber.
Enjoy delivery services; take purchases away on the day – there may be a short lead time with some porcelain patios and pathways products – and create the wow factor in your space.