The roof is perhaps the most important part of our house. Therefore, it is very important that we pay proper attention to it like whether is there any crack or not or whether it’s leaking etc. In case, you notice any such thing, you should either repair it immediately or replace your roof if it’s too old to be repaired. If you tend to ignore such issues then, it may cause some serious consequences like for instance, it may just collapse and that is something that you definitely do not want to happen. In order to avoid such situations, you need to keep a check on the condition of your roof. If you reside in Michigan then you can obviously call up roofing Trenton Michigan to attend your roof problems.
Signs That Indicates That You Need a New Roof
A roof usually lasts for 15 to 20 years depending on the weather conditions of the region and also many other factors such as what it is made up of. We have listed here 5 warning signs that will let you know that it’s time you get a new roof now.
- 1. Roof Age: The first warning sign is obviously the age of your roof. If your roof is more than 15 to 20 years old then you should definitely get it replaced before, any mishap occurs. It is always better to be on the safe side after all.
- Damaged Shingles: If you notice that the shingles of your roof are curling backward or they are losing granules then it’s probably time for you to replace your roof. Check the areas of the roof that are directly exposed to the sunlight because those are the portion that is likely to get damaged more.
- Cracks: Another important sign is if you notice too many cracks in your roof. If that is the situation of your roof then it’s time that you call up a roofing contractor and get your roof replaced.
- 4. Leaks: Do you see water or sunlight sipping through your ceiling? If yes then, you may consider replacing your roof as soon as possible before, anything bad happens.
- Missing Shingles: The fact that the shingles are always exposed to direct sunlight and they also withstand the changing weather conditions they are more likely to get damaged. So in case if, you notice damaged or missing shingles then you should know that it’s time that you replace your roof.
So these are some of the warning signs that you need to look for. If you notice any of them then, call a roofing contractor soon.